We discuss atmospheric composition, the layers of the atmosphere, and basic weather theory:
- Unequal heating of the Earth’s surface leads to different densities of air.
- Different temperatures and densities lead to rising and sinking air, or high and low pressure areas.
- The highs and lows lead to convection.
- Convection is influenced by the Coriolis Force.
- The airflows are further influenced by friction.
Handout (pdf format) –
Show Resources –
Clubhouse: New User Guide
Clubhouse: Pilot Flight Training Club
Show Website: landingswithaflair.com
Thank you for joining us! If you enjoyed the show, please give us a 5-star review!